Alpena Community College students can come to The Student Services Center for the help they need to succeed! All services are FREE!
Student Services Center Location & HoursMain Campus-Alpena
101 Van Lare Hall
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Huron Shores Campus-Oscoda
Monday 12 - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday 12 - 7 p.m.
Thursday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
*Reduced hours May – August and during scheduled college breaks.
Services for Students
The Student Services Center Offers:
Students can schedule 3 hours of one-on-one tutoring per week for every class
Fill out an application today!
FREE proofreading services
Tutors can proofread papers for MLA/APA formatting, grammar, punctuation, content and flow
OPEN Math and Chemistry Tutoring (no appointment necessary)
FREE PRESENTATIONS on:
- Study skills, note-taking, testing techniques, APA & MLA formatting, scholarship searches, resume, cover letter & interview techniques, scheduling the right classes for your degree and more!
- Math solution manuals and foot pedals for machine transcription
- Turning Point software to check out for class presentations – interactive audience participation clickers
- 10 computers with FREE printing for academic purposes and wireless internet
- large tables for tutoring and studying
- Additional rooms for group meetings and quiet studying
- Referrals to other ACC services
- On-line tutoring available 2:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at brainfuse, www.alpenalibrary.org
Fall 2017 PresentationsWhat is my learning style? - September 13 & 14
Wait...? I have to take notes? - September 27 & 28
MLA & APA - October 18 & 19
Like us on Facebook – Alpena Community College – Student Services Center
Walk-in Math and Chemistry Tutoring
Have a quick question? Need some clarification on something? Drop by during open tutoring hours! No appointment necessary. Open hours change each semester, but the Tutoring Services staff will be happy to help!
Study Skills & Writing Help
If you need help with study skills or writing a paper, the Student Services Center is the place to go! Call or stop by and they will set up time to assist you.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Alpena Community College policies and practices for admission, employment and activities comply with requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990; ACC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. For more information, contact the Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II coordinator: Carolyn Daoust, VLH 102, (989) 358-7211.
Requesting Disability Services
It is important to understand that in the post secondary learning environment, a potential student must establish that they are otherwise qualified by meeting the academic and technical standards required for admission. Services to accommodate a disability cannot alter the content of a class.
Prior to requesting Disability Services at Alpena Community College (ACC), an individual must:
- Be officially admitted to ACC
- Complete placement-testing requirements
After completing the above requirements, an individual requesting Disability Services must:
- Make their disability known. An interview may be scheduled by contacting the Dean of Students;
- Provide disability documentation that meets standards set by Alpena Community College.
Additional information regarding the purpose of, and general guidelines for, disability documentation.
More detailed information about ACC’s Disability Services policies and procedures is available in the Access for Students with Disabilities publication: Students With Disabilities
For more information on your rights and responsibilities as you prepare for a post secondary education, visit http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html.