Earth Day Weed Warrior Event
April 24th | 9am-12pm | Underwood
The City is announcing its first Weed Warrior event of the season. Please join us to celebrate Earth Day by removing non-native invasive plants from our Underwood parcel to improve wildlife habitat and biodiversity. Interested participants will be trained by Mike Bald, with Got Weeds?, to identify and properly remove these plants using hand tools and loppers. The City will provide gloves and there will be tools.
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, the City is not allowing the sharing of tools or other equipment. If you have your own gloves, please bring them. This event will also have a limited capacity, and all participants will be required to complete registration. Anyone that does not register, will not be allowed to participate in the event the day of.
Please dress appropriately – wear sturdy shoes, long pants, long sleeves/layers, bring sunscreen and bug spray, and dress for the weather.
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, the City is requiring the following during this event:
- Wear a mask during the event.
- Maintain physical distancing.
- Sanitize equipment at the end of the event.
- No dogs are allowed during this event.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not attend this event.
- If you have recently traveled, please check the Governor’s most recent orders/guidance to make sure that you have followed any appropriate quarantine requirements. If you have not met them, please do not participate in this event.
If you have questions about this event or would like to register,
please contact Ashley Parker at: email@example.com.